- A PRELIMINARY DISCUSSION. We will have an initial Skype call or similar so I can gauge whether I can help you. Most importantly I will need to know where you are now regarding your travel writing career and achievements, and where you want to be in the next 3/6/12 months. If I feel I can help you achieve those goals, we move to step 2.
- COME UP WITH IDEAS. We will immediately start to work on story ideas that you can sell. I will help fine-tune existing ideas you already have, and/or we will discuss how you can find new ideas.
- FIND PUBLICATIONS. Once we have several great ideas ready to find a home, we need to go house-hunting. I will help research relevant websites, newspapers or magazines, and we will dig out the contact details for the relevant editors.
- PITCH THE EDITORS. We will then formulate pitches, which I will help you construct, and send them out to our target editors.
- MONITOR RESPONSES. We will track our pitches, monitor any feedback we get, and adapt and re-pitch, if required.
- WRITE THE STORY. Once you get assigned to a story, you will write it with guidance from me, and I will help edit your final copy before we file it with the editor.